Reasons for teeth whitening
- Yellow or brown-stained teeth.
- Enamel discolouration.
- Fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during teeth development).
- Normal wear of the outer teeth layer.
- Stained teeth due to medications (such as tetracycline).
In Office Whitening
In-office whitening is one of the simplest yet most transformative cosmetic procedures available. At MVDC, we utilise Pola-office+ whitening, which contains the fastest bleach available to safely whiten your teeth. It is pH neutral and specifically designed to protect sensitive dental nerves with its Pola Desensitizer Technology (PDT). This technology also minimises the likelihood of gum irritation, burning, pain, or long-term gum damage, as no UV light is required to activate the gel.
What to expect on your in-office visit
During your in-office whitening appointment, we will thoroughly discuss the procedure and evaluate whether you are the ideal candidate to ensure that you achieve the desired outcome. Before and after photos will be taken for our records – these photos can also be emailed to you upon request.
- Cleaning and Polishing: Your teeth will be cleaned and polished to remove all plaque and tartar, ensuring the best possible result from the whitening process.
- Protection: Lips and gums will be protected with a specially designed lip and gingival barrier.
- Whitening Process: Pola-Office whitening gel will be applied to your teeth and activated by LED light. This process is conducted in 3 to 4 sessions of 8 minutes each.
- After Photos: Photos will be taken after the procedure to document the results.
- Desensitizer Application: A desensitizer will be applied to minimize any sensitivity.
- Oral Hygiene Care: We will provide oral hygiene care advice and products to help you maintain your new, bright, white smile.
Take Home Whitening
This technique involves wearing a custom-fitted appliance containing a teeth whitening solution. All you need to do is place the bleaching gel provided into the trays and insert the trays over your teeth once a day for thirty minutes. The procedure takes 2 to 3 weeks to achieve a whiter, brighter smile.
What’s Involved in Take-Home Whitening
- Records are taken to construct custom-made trays for both the upper and lower jaw.
- After a week, you will pick up the trays, and instructions will be provided on how to proceed with the whitening at home, including oral hygiene care and maintenance.
- Pre-whitening tooth colour shade is selected and recorded, along with photos.
Whitening at home
- Brush and floss teeth
- Place a small drop of gel on each compartment of the tray for the teeth undergoing whitening
- Seat the tray with the gel around the teeth
- Wipe excess gel in the mouth with a tissue
- After treatment removed tray, rinse trays and teeth with lukewarm water and
- brush teeth
The degree of whiteness and brightness achieved depends on the number of days you opt to wear the trays.
Home bleaching is a simple and cost-effective method to whiten discoloured teeth. However, it’s important not to be misled by false claims on TV and in pharmacies about products that are ineffective and potentially harmful to your teeth.
You will receive care instructions for your teeth and trays and be encouraged to visit your dentist regularly to help maintain a beautiful, healthy, white smile.