News Update 25/3/2020
The recent concerns with the COVID-19 virus serve as a reminder for all of us to use proper precautions. At Morphett Vale Dental Care, you and your family’s health and the health of our dedicated team and their families are of utmost import to us. Therefore, we are following the evolving situation closely and following the Department of Health guidelines and recommendations. For weeks at Morphett Vale Dental Care, we have been preparing and revising our infection control protocols and procedures to meet the new standards. This is so we can look after our patient’s health and team members, during this current pandemic situation. We want to assure you that during this challenging time, we plan on continuing serving our community, to the best of our abilities.
Our team is taking all the necessary precautions to triage patients appropriately and prevent the spread of the virus.
What we are doing to look after our patients, team members and visitors
Here are some of the steps we are taking to look after the wellbeing of our patients, visitor and team members:
- Patients are being contacted prior to their appointment to confirm they have not traveled overseas or that they are not feeling unwell. (if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have traveled overseas, we will reschedule their appointment)
- We are monitoring patients and visitors to quickly identify those with high-risk factors or potential contact with infected people.
- We are keeping a log of ALL visitors with the appropriate information; in case we need to contact them.
- We have increased the number of hand sanitizers in our patient lounge and all around the practice and we ask everyone to use them when coming in and before leaving our premises.
At the time of your Appointment
- The clinician will ask some additional health-related questions.
- Your temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer (in case you have fever unrelated to a tooth infection, we will not be able to carry out your dental procedure and we will ask you to call your GP to organize an appointment with them)
- Prior to starting your dental procedure we will ask you to rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse for a minute. This is so we can reduce the number of oral microbes.
In order to continue providing a safe environment, we are asking for your help and understanding.