Veneers are a fantastic way to restore front teeth to improve their appearance.
- Close spaces between the teeth (diastemas)
- Restore broken, chipped, misshapen or crooked teeth
- Restore unsightly, stained or washed out fillings
- Cover permanently stained or discoloured teeth
- Straighten your smile (instant orthodontics)
Veneers are thin, yet strong tooth-coloured porcelain or ceramic shells that are bonded on to the front of your teeth. They have a “life like” appearance with the strength, beauty, and durability of a natural tooth.
Will They Look Like Normal Teeth?
When bonded to the teeth, the ultra-thin veneers are virtually undetectable and highly resistant to coffee, tea or even cigarette stains.
How Long Will Veneers Last?
Veneers are intended to last for many years. Today, veneers are crafted from the highest quality ceramic materials and are bonded with the most advanced and proven materials available.
Unlike most bonding materials, veneers will not change colour over time.
How Are Veneers Applied?
The tooth is reshaped initially to allow for the added thickness of the veneer. A moulded image is taken from the tooth and the veneer/veneers are custom fitted to your mouth. The veneer is applied with adhesive material, which bonds it to the original tooth structure.
Advantages of Veneers
Tooth like Appearance
Since veneers are individually sculptured for each patient, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between the veneer and the natural tooth.
Custom made veneers resist stains from tea, coffee, red wine, highly pigmented foods and cigarette smoke because they are made of high tech, extremely polishable materials.
only a small amount of tooth structure is removed when preparing teeth for veneers compared to other forms of traditional dentistry.
Benefits of Veneers
- Veneers have several advantages over other methods used for the same purpose. They transmit light well and, therefore, have a more translucent appearance, giving them a very natural, aesthetic look. People will never know you have them.
- Minimal tooth reduction
- Total flexibility of colour choice..veneers can be matched to make even the darkest teeth appear to be bright white.
- Wide range of applications to many cosmetic problems
- Fast results
- Strength and Durability
- Kind to gum tissue